Cascadia Subduction Zone
- 7/20/2015 - The Really Big One
- 2/20/2013 - Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake Scenario
- 9/28/11 - Sequim: Whole lotta shakin’ going on
- FEMA program models Northwest megaquake | Local/State | The Bulletin
Videos and presentations
- 5/29/2014 - Click www.miep.us/myn/overview to learn more about MYN (Map Your Neighborhood)
- 9/11/2011 - Click here to watch Orgeon State University Emeritus Professor, Bob Yeats, discuss the probability and impact of a massive earthquake in the Cascadia Subduction Zone
Click here to view the PPT I gave to our local Rotary club.
The following needs to be editted
Emergency Management (blog)
I can't say that this scenario is based on scientific fact, but it reads pretty true to me for the types of issues we'll be facing in the future when the Cascadia Fault does rupture, be it one segment, or the whole "sausage" as described in the ...
Northwest Cable News
by KING 5 News An extensive article published by Outside Magazine looks at what would happen if an earthquake similar to the megaquake in Japan happened off the Washington and Oregon coasts in the Cascadia Subduction Zone< /b>. As you might imagine, ...
Seattle Post Intelligencer (blog)
(Getty Images) A sobering story in Outside Magazine looks at what would happen if an earthquake like the one Japan experienced happened in the Cascadia Subduction Zone, where scientists say tension has been building up for centuries. ...
I keep hearing people say that a Cascadia zone mega quake is about to happen or will happen within the next 50 years. I am not so sure. But while I am not sure ...
The Cascadia Subduction Zone is where the Juan de Fuca Plate plunges beneath. ... One such area, the Cascadia Subduction Zone, lies off the Northwest coast ...