Near you bed keep a box of items that will help you respond to an emergency.
Start with a small box with the following items.
- walkie talkies and batteries
- MYN brochure (contact info for your neighbors)
- Contact info for Neighborhood, Area and Section Coordinators
- flashlight and batteries
- shoes (so you don't cut your feet on any broken glass and be comfortable outside)
- radio for local broadcasts
- red, yellow, green ribbons to attach to your 911 red sign to signify your status (need help now, come back later, OK)